My Majic 102.3 is embracing local talent and so every Monday, Mymajicdc.com will prominently feature a local artist on the site.
One Monday out of the month, My Majic 102.3 will host a New Music Monday listening party that will feature an artist that has been featured online and has received the most votes.
If you would like to be featured on My Majic’s New Music Monday please send your song in an MP3 format, your photo, your bio, contact information and a link to your music artist page to Ksmith@radio-one.com with ‘New Music Monday’ in the subject line.
This week’s featured artist is Dewarren Moses.
I started writing songs after reading over some poems I had written in a creative writing course in school. It was a slow growth before I realized they were songs.
I write songs from the heart. I sing from my heart and I’m always hoping that my music will bring people together, creating great memories, magical moments, and a lifetime of friends, love and happiness. I sing about my life experience and hopefully others in a very sophisticated way. Love and its twists which I’m sure all people can relate to. My sound is quite different from what’s out there yet has a familiarity about it. I been told my music is like the missing element of R&B with soul. I try to write what comes to me. Sometimes a song can come to me like a great tuning fork. Other times it comes as a quiet whisper in the distance. I got to be on point to get those. When a song comes in the middle of the night it can be a marathon of me getting up out of my bed to go the living room to write. When a song comes in the day, interrupting my daily thoughts, I better have a writing pen and a piece of paper or remember I can use my cell phone.
This writing songs biz is exciting, magical and I always enjoy those first performances. It’s almost like I’m not writing at all. I’m just writing down what I hear being played in my head. To my amazement it always happens very quickly. Maybe one day I’ll be a household name or a heart love singer/songwriter. For now, I’ll settle for always getting the first performance.
Listen to his song below.
- Toni Braxton Fires Her Manager/Brother-In-Law
- Wow! Samuel L. Jackson Named Highest-Grossing Actor Of All Time
- DC Father Sentenced To 40 Years For Killing Own Daughter
- Book Claims Obama Writes Personal Checks to Struggling Citizens
- Occupy Wall Street Pushes Two Black Twins Against Each Other
- “Friday Night DC Dance Party” with Mike Chase
- Farrakhan Not Taking ‘Assassination of Muammar Kadafi Lightly’
- Is Floyd Mayweather Going To Be A Daddy Again?
- PREVIEW: ‘Love and Hip Hop’ Returns
- Did Kim Kardashian & Kris Humphries Just Finish Arguing? [VIDEO]