Herbert and Zelmyra Fisher hold the Guinness World Record for the longest marriage of a living couple. The Fishers have been married for 85 years. Zelmiyra is 101-years-old and her husband is 104-years old.
This couple joined forces with twitter to answer some relationship questions about finding love, getting over obstacles, and more.
Check out their interview:
What made you realize that you could spend the rest of your lives together? Were you scared at all?
H & Z: With each day that passed, our relationship was more solid and secure.Divorce was NEVER an option – or even a thought.
How did you know your spouse was the right one for you?
We grew up together & were best friends before we married. A friend is for life – our marriage has lasted a lifetime
What is your advice to someone who is trying to keep the faith that Mr. Right is really out there?
Zelmyra: Mine was just around the corner! He is never too far away, so keep the faith – when you meet him, you’ll know.
You got married very young – how did u both manage to grow as individuals yet not grow apart as a couple?
“Everyone who plants a seed & harvests the crop celebrates together” We are individuals, but accomplish more together.
Find us on Facebook!
- Mrs. O Goes Out In Style For President Obama’s Convention Speech #FFW [FLOTUS Fashion Watch]
- Michelle Obama Delivers Speech In Tracy Reese and J. Crew #FFW [FLOTUS Fashion Watch]
- Pinky from ‘Next Friday’ I’ve Been Falsely Accused of Rape
- Michael Clark Duncan Estate Target of Extortion Attempt by His ‘Daughter?’
- Michelle Rocks The FLOTUS Box In Thom Browne On Day Two Of The DNC
1. cimg65901 of 5
2. cimg66062 of 5
3. cimg66113 of 5
4. cimg66224 of 5
5. cimg66235 of 5