You know what I’ve noticed lately? There are a lot of serious brotha’s out here. Maybe it’s because some of us are trying really hard not to be thrown into the clown category. We want to prove that we are about our business. That we aren’t like the stereotypical black men that are lazy, and who has no clue what the word responsible means.
I get that. I understand that there are a lot of immature guys out there, and the need to separate yourself from them is important. I understand that a woman wants to be sure that her man is serious about her; she wants to be able to trust him, and how on earth can she trust an immature clown? Those are all completely understandable reasons for being serious. However, there is a thin line between being a straight up clown and not being a stick in the mud. Having a good sense of humor and knowing how to lighten up the mood is VERY important to any relationship.
Here is the way I see it. Everyone needs to have at least one big laugh daily. It’s like medicine! In fact it’s literally just like medicine. Medical experts say that laughter…
- Laughter relaxes the whole body. A good, hearty laugh relieves physical tension and stress, leaving your muscles relaxed for up to 45 minutes after.
- Laughter boosts the immune system. Laughter decreases stress hormones and increases immune cells and infection-fighting antibodies, thus improving your resistance to disease.
- Laughter triggers the release of endorphins, the body’s natural feel-good chemicals. Endorphins promote an overall sense of well-being and can even temporarily relieve pain.
- Laughter protects the heart. Laughter improves the function of blood vessels and increases blood flow, which can help protect you against a heart attack and other cardiovascular problems.
Wow! Bet you didn’t realize that you get all of that form a simple laugh? Now imagine if you provided these medical miracles to you woman? Think about how happy you’d make her when you did this? This could actually make the difference in her entire day; and like I’ve said before its the small things that matter.
Now I know what you are thinking “I’m no Kevin Hart my dude!” and you are probably right. The truth is, you are probably corny as hell, but that’s okay. Sometimes corny people are some of the funniest people on earth! You don’t have to be a stand up comedian to make her laugh. Lighten up the mood and brighten up her day. Just try man! Send her a corny joke you heard. Tell her a funny story. Dance at that party even if you KNOW you look stupid. Trust me it will be worth it. It will make her happy and remember happy wife (or girlfriend) equals a happy life.
Now I can’t finish this off without warning not to try too hard. Please don’t be a clown! Don’t start thinking you’re Mike Epps and trying to put on show. As with anything else, she can tell when you’re being fake or even mean spirited. So avoid making fun of her too much, or being overly sarcastic. She may not be into that and it could be a recipe for disaster if you aren’t careful. The point is to just do what’s comfortable for you.
Listen fellas we are living in serious and troubling times times. The economy is terrible, racial tensions are high, Global Warming is real; and Love and Hip Hop is one of the top rated tv shows. It’s real out here! So a little bit of laughter won’t hurt anyone. Remember we ALL have to laugh to keep from crying sometimes Feel me?
For more check out endthedisconnect.com
Follow us on Twitter @Mymajic1023
Follow @mymajic1023 for the latest entertainment & local news!
— My Majic 102.3 (@mymajic1023) October 24, 2012
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Facebook!
- Is Serena Williams Going In On Common & New Girlfriend?
- FAB OR FUG: Keyshia Cole’s Fierce New Pixie Cut
- Enter to Win Tickets To Black Heaven Gala w/ Angie Stone
- Katt Williams Arrested For Busting Bottle Over Someone’s Head
- PRESS PLAY: Rihanna Ft. Chris Brown “Nobody’s Business”