If you’re a fan of Super Bowl champ Jacoby Jones on “Dancing With the Stars” we have good new for you. As he continues his run on “Dancing With the Stars” with partner Karina Smirnoff, his chiseled, tattooed physique has gotten as much attention as his dance moves. And that’s OK with him.The New Orleans native, 28, is among the several current and former NFL players who’ve competed on the show. Former Dallas Cowboy Emmitt Smith, Green Back Packer Donald Driver and former Pittsburgh Steeler Hines Ward have all gone home with the coveted disco ball. New York Giant player Victor Cruz is among the competitors this season as well. But Jones says dancing has been far harder on his body than football.
“I have the utmost respect for all dancers of the world. I don’t care if you’re 2 years old, or 65 years old. Dancing ain’t nothing nice. My feet, my ankles, Achilles, everything hurts, “ Jones told “The Tom Joyner Morning Show.”]
Jacoby said by far his hardest dance skill to master has been pointing his toes, something that the judges have “pointed” out during his performances.
“I can’t point my toes up,” he said. “I can’t help it,” he said, telling the show he has “pigeon toes.“
Jones says his shirtless dances have been popular since the first week. “I think I had my shirt on the first week. I’ve been naked ever since.”
Yet last week Jones showed off more than his abs, doing splits and jumping over Smirnoff’s head during their dance routine.
A member of the Baltimore Ravens Super Bowl championship team, Jones scored 2 touchdowns against the San Francisco 49’ers during Super Bowl XLVII earlier this year, including the longest return in Super Bowl or postseason history. He ran 1 kickoff return on the opening play of the second half for 108 yards and set a new Super Bowl record for all-purpose yards with 288.
On “Dancing” Jones is paired with last season’s winner Smirnoff. This week is “Stevie Wonder Week” and Wonder will perform commemorating the 50-year anniversary of his first hit. Jones and Smirnoff are rumored to be dancing to Wonder’s “Sir Duke.”
Jones says he’s looking forward to returning to the Ravens and hopes to be part of the NFL for at least the immediate future.
“I’m 28, about to be 29 but in football years that’s like dog years,” he told the show. “I hope I have five more [years] in me.”
Raised by his single mom, Emily London-Jones, Jones’ high school was destroyed by Hurricane Katrina. He’s handled his fair share of adversity with his mother’s support and announced on The Tom Joyner Morning Show that he would donate $1,000 to the “Thursday Morning Mom,” taking the TJMS by surprise. “A thousand dollars? Will that help?” Jones asked and was assured that it would.
You can vote for Jones and Smirnoff by calling 1-800-868-3412 or via the ABC show page or the show’s Facebook page. ”Dancing With The Stars” airs tonight at 8 p.m. on ABC.
41 photos Launch gallery
1. Comedian D.L. Hughley teams up with Cheryl Burke for the 16th season of the popular dance show. (Facebook)
1 of 41
2. Zendaya Coleman teams up with Valentin Chmerkovskiy for season 16. (Twitter)
2 of 41
3. Former NFL star won season 14 of the ‘DWTS’.
3 of 41
4. Roshon Fegan danced with the stars in Season 14.
4 of 41
5. Baltimore Ravens’ star Jacoby Jones partners wtih Karina Smirnoff for season 16 of DWTS.
5 of 41
6. 1st Season – Evander Holyfield was paried with Edyta Sliwinska until 2nd week.
6 of 41
7. Master P danced with Ashly DelGrosso. Eliminated 4th week.
7 of 41
8. Jerry Rice danced with Anna Trebruskaya and was 1st runner up.
8 of 41
9. Vivica A. Fox danced with Nick Kosovich. Eliminated 4th week.
9 of 41
10. Monique Coleman danced with Louis Van Amstel and was eliminated 8th week.
10 of 41
11. Emmitt Smith danced with Cheryl Burke and took home the Mirrorball Trophy.
11 of 41
12. Clyde ‘The Glide’ Drexler danced with Elena Grinenko. Eliminated 4th week.
12 of 41
13. Laila Ali danced with Maksim Chmerkovskly and landed in 3rd place.
13 of 41
14. Floyd Mayweather, Jr. danced with Karina Smirnoff and eliminated week 4.
14 of 41
15. 10. Mel B danced with Maksim Chmerkovskly and was 1st runner up in the 5th season.
15 of 41
16. Mario danced with Karina Smirnoff on season six and was eliminated on week 8.
16 of 41
17. Jason Taylor danced with Edyta Sliwinska on season 6 and was 1st runner up.
17 of 41
18. Toni Braxton danced with Alec Mazo on season 7 and was eliminated week 5.
18 of 41
19. Maurice Greene danced with Cheryl Burke and was eliminated on week 8 of season 7
19 of 41
20. Warren Sapp and Kym Johnson, danced their way to Runner-up in season 7.
20 of 41
21. David Alan Grier danced with Kym Johnson on season 8 and eliminated on week 5.
21 of 41
22. Lawrence Taylor and Edyta Sliwinska was on season 8 and eliminated on week 7.
22 of 41
23. Lil’ Kim and Derek Hough was on season 8 and was eliminated in week 9.
23 of 41
24. Macy Gray and Jonathan Roberts was on season 9 and was eliminated in week 2.
24 of 41
25. Michael Irvin danced with Anna Demidova was on season 9 and eliminated on week 9
25 of 41
26. Mya danced with Dmitry Chaplin and was first Runner-Up on season nine.
26 of 41
27. Niecy Nash danced with Louis Van Amstel on season 10 and was eliminated on week
27 of 41
28. Chad Ochocinco danced with Cherly Burke on season 10 and was eliminated on week
28 of 41
29. Rick Fox paired with Cheryl Burke for season 11 was eliminated on week 7.
29 of 41
30. Brandy was paired with Maksim Chmerkovskly on season 11 was eliminated on week 9
30 of 41
31. Kyle Massey danced with Lacey Schwimmer on season 11 and was first Runner-Up.
31 of 41
32. Wendy Williams danced with Tony Dovolani on season 12 and eliminated week 2.
32 of 41
33. Season 12 -Sugar Ray Leonard danced with Anna Trebunskaya, eliminated week 3.
33 of 41
34. Romeo danced with Chelsie Hightower on season 12 and was eliminated on week 7.
34 of 41
35. Hines Ward and partner Kym Johnson took home the trophy on season 12 of DWTS.
35 of 41
36. Metta World Peace danced with Peta Murgatroyd on season 13, eliminated week 1.
36 of 41
37. DWTS ’12 Gladys Knight,Sherri Shepherd, Jaleel White, Roshon Fegan,Donald Driver
37 of 41
38. Amber Riley won season 18 of “Dancing with the Stars.”
38 of 41
39. Billy Dee Williams was on season 18 of “Dancing with the Stars.”
39 of 41
40. Corbin Bleu was on season 17 of “DWTS.”
40 of 41
41. NeNe Leakes was on season 18 of “DWTS”.
41 of 41